Monday, June 26, 2006

Throw Away!


This is a picture of the inside of my Freezer. Not a REAL freezer, like my father has in his basement, but instead that tiny portion of the refrigerator where the ice cube maker is. It has enough storage space to freeze a couple weeks worth of meals, less because we tend to pack it full of the frozen pre-made meals variety (hot pockets, crispy chicken strips, frozen pizzas, etc.) ... and this package of frozen hamburger.

I discovered it in the freezer this morning, and it made me laugh. I guess I should be comforted that my wife thought I might poison myself by taking out this frezzer-burned slab of meat, thawing it, and then eating it. Or maybe she was worried I would poison the kids. :-)

Anyway, the idea of taking some food out of the freezer that has clearly "gone bad", labeling it "Throw Away", and then putting it back into the frezzer (rather than simply throwing it away) struck me as immensely funny this morning. Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Stacy said...

makes sense to me. She wants to throw it away on trash day so it does not get stinky. . . . .