Wednesday, June 21, 2006

See ... it really IS blue!


At the beginning of this blog, I said to myself, "One photo a day isn't really that hard to do, is it? I mean, it's only 365 pictures a year. I can do that!"

Well, like many "new habits", I've found it hard to keep up with this one. Maybe because it's summer time, and that has me even busier than normal. There's always another project that requires my "urgent attention".

Well, at least I have the pool back, and I can take a relaxing plunge into it at the end of the day. This shot comes from the past weekend, when we had a cookout in the backyard. I submit it as Exhibit A and evidence that yes, the pool really is blue -- and not that greenish-black color from a few weeks back.

This is grandpa throwing #1 around the deep end. Behind them both is #2, showing that he's not afraid of the pool any more -- not even the deep end -- as long as he's able to cling tightly to an inflatable tube.

And behind them, in the far background, is my NEXT project. Can't see it? Well, neither can I -- where is the far end of my diving board? From the picture, the diving board looks like it's kinda jutting out from those bushes and shrubs in the background ... and it is. They're slowly advancing forward across the pool deck (the've crossed about four feet of it already) and if I don't beat them back, I think they'll consume the entire diving board ... and perhaps even the pool. It's about 80 square feet of brush I need to clear, and so far, it seems very reluctant to give up any territory it has claimed.

Projects. I have no end of projects. Posted by Picasa

No comments: