Saturday, June 24, 2006

More Signs of Summer


I think I like summer the best. Favorite memories are mostly centered around summer: vacations at Higgin's Beach, driving across country (twice!) in a tiny Volkswagon bug, working as a life guard and later the Waterfront Director at Camp Sargent, trips to the carnival or amusement park (Old Orchard, Canobie Lake Park, or even the traveling variety). In the summer time, days are longer, nights are shorter, and that suits me just fine.

Summer can be brutal on my computer equipment though. We don't have air conditioning in the house, other than in the kids' bedrooms, and I hate turning on the gaming machine when the humidity and heat are high. But that's ok -- I prefer spending that time at the park with the boys, riding bikes, playing some backyard ball tag, or swimming in the pool.

Are you ready for a real laugh? I was listening to NHPR on the drive home the other night, and there was a story about a Kickball League in Manchester, part of the World Adult Kickball Association (gotta love an organization called WAKA!). It sounded like a blast, and I think I'm going to try out for one of the teams. Kickball ... LOL! I can't wait!! Posted by Picasa

No comments: