Sunday, August 20, 2006

Hamming It Up For The Camera


One of our Family Rituals is to bring the kids down to The Picture People twice a year. Once in the fall for a family photograph with all of us, and once on their birthday where they can ham it up for the camera and be the special star. I really like the pictures that we get back from The Picture People, and sometimes it's hard to choose which one we should keep for framing.

JPSnotes: I'm not sure why, but part of the ritual is only selecting one photograph for framing, even though there might be 2-3 really great shots in the half-dozen photo's taken.

This is Donovan (or "Don", as he's asked to be called now, in his most serious 5-year old voice) starring in one of the pictures that probably will NOT make the "final pick". I love this shot, because it's so Donovan: happy, go-lucky, carefree, smiles ear-to-ear! If I were as clever as my baby sister, I'd find a way to show my personal favorite in the photoshoot -- but that will have to wait until tomorrow's edition of the PureGemini blog!

PS -- sorry to be so behind in blog entries, but vacations in Maine are internet free, just as vacations SHOULD be! Oh, and SOOOO many great pictures from the vacation, can't wait to publish them here! Posted by Picasa

No comments: