Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Why Do You Hurdle?


The reason for the baby-gate barricading the bedroom is the fluff ball in the window to the left of my bed. That's Milly, short for Milicent Margaret Amanda who was, of course, nicknamed Milly-Molly-Mandy (because Millicent Margaret Amanda is simply too long of a name). But I'm getting off track, even before I've really gotten on track.

Milly is a kitty. She lives in my bedroom because she hates dogs. That's normal, right? I mean, all cats hate dogs -- and it's a shared hatred.

Cat people would say, "Get rid of the dogs, then you can take down the baby gate." But I kinda like having dogs, especially now that I'm running again. I like having a running partner.

Dog people would say, "Get rid of the cat, then you can take down the baby gate." But my wife is allergic to cats, and, well ... nothing else on that topic really needs to be said.

This is a bad picture, because of the way the sun shines in the window. I'm not sure how to improve this shot (avoiding window glare) other than taking a picture earlier in the day (before the sun is resting on the back side of the house). I really wanted to show how "Feng Shui" minded I am, always striving to find Inner Harmony.

I sleep on the left (the side that Milly's on).
Posted by Picasa

No comments: