Sunday, July 15, 2007

First Thing I See When I Wake

The truth is, I write these blogs for one person and one person only. And while I might have an audience of 3-4 regular readers (although I'm not even sure if THEY stop by to read any more, given my recent six month absence from the blog), there is only one person I'm thinking of when I ramble these creative writings.

The thought occured to me that while I write to one person, I don't purposely seek out images that this person might specifically want to see. Instead, I show random glimpses of my world. So this next series of images and text were my attempt to change all that. But how?

Well, maybe I could navigate through my world, with my camera's eye, and show all the things I see from the moment I wake to the moment I go to sleep. I have no idea if that might be interesting or not, but I have to keep in mind that this is STILL a public blog

This is the first thing I see when I wake each morning. Those are my toes at the bottom, poking the blankets up from view. The double doors are opened wide, and the "dog barricade" blocks the lower third of the exit way (more on that in tomorrow's blog). The picture that hangs above the doorway is a painting of the pathway at the end of Ashton Street, Higgins Beach, as it leads to the ocean. Higgin's Beach is my favorite place on the entire planet, and I particularly like this painting. It gives me the illusion, if only brief, that I can just walk directly from my bedroom to the beach, every day.

The ceiling fan is one of dozens that we have in every room of the house. We have no air conditioning, it usually doesn't get warm enough to warrent it, and the ceiling fans keep us pretty cool. I don't turn this one on very often, because it's got a dangerous wobble whenever it turns up. If I owned a step ladder, I might climb out and figure out why it wiggled and wobbled so much -- but this is the master bedroom, and it's not like it EVER gets too hot in here (you know, given that this is the shady side of the house and all).

PS - The picture of Higgin's Beach is kinda blurry. I'll get a better version to post of that soon!

Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Stacy said...

Glad to see you FINALLY posting again! And yes, I have checked in regularly even though it has been MONTHS.