Wednesday, July 25, 2007

My Artistic Babysitter

Hanging from the door of my bathroom, for reasons that are completely unknown to me, is a picture drawn by my babysitter, and my three kids at the local pet store. She's quite talented, don't you think?

I like how she colored Brad's eyes demonic red. I can just see him clutching the edge of the basket, rocking back and forth, and crying out "faster, faster" -- waking up all the sleeping puppies. Donovan is just a baby (this was YEARS AGO), starring up at her with rapt wonder. And that's either Julian or Harry Potter holding the bag of fish on the far right.

She didn't do her own "curves" justice, I wonder what the message is in that. Women, even those who are not normally self-conscious, don't seem to appreciate how good-looking they are. Ever. She's a cute kid, but she's made herself out to be very plain in this self portrait. And black slacks under a grey hooded sweathshirt ... what's up with that? I have no idea what that is on her cheek ...

It doesn't really match the rest of my bathroom decor, but it's a cute picture of the kids. And, well ... at least they're not drawn as snowmen.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

A. Bennett said...

what's wrong with snowmen?

Anonymous said...

Hehe, I knew that would get a comment from the snoman fairy!

- Ken