Wednesday, May 17, 2006

The Trash Man Cometh


And he left a big, 'ole dumpster in my front yard.

The picture is flat. The dumpster is angled about 10-degrees downward on the left side because, as I've mentioned, I live on a hill. Here's the kicker ... the dumpster is on wheels! I'm actually a little worried that as I fill this thing up, it's going to roll right down the hill, across the street and through the garage of my neighbor. That would just be a grand finale to a wretched weekend! I've put some "chokes" in front of the wheels ... but I'm still a little "on edge" about it.

That pile to the right of my dumpster is all the stuff we hauled up before the container arrived. Sopping wet wall-to-wall rugs, soaked wallboard, ceiling tiles, my computer desk, hutch and filing cabinets, 3 computers, 24-port hub, college text books, children's toys ...

So much stuff, that as we piled it all up, I realized the 15-foot dumpster that we had ordered was not going to fit it all. Called the Waste Management center, told them to super-size me! The driver was kinda peeved when he finally arrived; apparently he had been minutes away with the smaller, 15' dumpster when he received the call from the dispatcher to bring it back and haul out a 30-foot dumpster.

The best thing about this picture? That big patch of blue sky in the top right corner. After 9-days of rain, we finally saw our old friend, Mr. Sun. Although as I write this, 10 hours after the picture was taken, it's already raining again. Posted by Picasa

No comments: