Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Talented


Went to Daddy and Sue's B-Day party yesterday. Daddy's birthday is on the 9th, and Sue's is on the umm, err, the 17th?? But we've always celebrated them on a shared day for as long as I can remember. In later years, with everyone out of the house, we crammed my birthday in, too. That didn't happen this year, although my baby sister, uncertain if she would see me in June, brought me an early birthday present -- two presents, really:

A thermal coffee mug (*wrinkles nose*) with my birth sign on it, an idea that she probably got when she started visiting my blog. And while I'm not a big coffee drinker, I absolutely love the mug (honestly, the neatest thing about coffee drinkers is that they get to drink from mugs that have really neat art on them). My new gemini mug is very cool, and will keep my cokes well-chilled!

But even more cool was the digital scrapbook (CD) she gave me, which was like a magical walk through time. I spent a bit of this morning sneaking peeks at it while at work. I really like it! Here's one of the photo's from the bunch:

That's me, as a young teen-ager, at one of my favorite (?) haunts. I didn't copy her entire scrap image here, but there was an inscription on the bottom of this picture that read, "Talented: We all took piano lessons, but you were the most."

Awwww, thanks, kiddo ... I really like BOTH gifts, a lot!

No comments: