Sunday, May 21, 2006

After the Storm


Today's blog was going to be entirely different, until this remarkable image appeared in my front yard. It's funny how you start to see things differently when you look with a photographer's eye. I was excited to see the rainbow, but disappointed that the sky wasn't blue on both sides of that color spray. I wonder if that's true of all rainbows. I was amazed at how bright the red maples were at the foot of my driveway, with the setting sun dazzling through them -- these are colors I expect to see in fall, not in spring!

This is my first "rainbow" shot, and I'm pretty happy with it (aside from the utility pole and powerlines going through the middle of it). But now I want to find more rainbows, so I can add to this new collection. Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Stacy said...

Great photo. Now, I know you bought a new digital camera for your bride, but, are you using more than her???

JP Seabury said...

I think D takes more pictures than I do, but I'm really trying to justify buying my OWN (much more expensive) digital camera. I really want one! I've been bitten by the shutter bug (and her name is Angie!).

There are so many times that I'd love to get a photo of something at the office (so I can include it in a technical document I'm working on), or driving along in the car and see a great photo op. But I can't take it because the camera is at home.

I want my own camera, to lug around with me night and day, to work, to weekend trips that I take the kids on, etc. I want to be a regular Peter Parker (spidey powers would be a plus, but I'll settle for just the camera!).