Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Sith Lord



I *wish* I had my own digital camera. Sometimes, I'll be driving down a highway, and I'll see something that strikes me as amusing, or beautiful, or interesting or just plain odd -- and I'll want my camera to capture the moment. But whereas the camera is "shared" by the family, I'm not allowed to carry it on my person all the time.

If I'd had a camera this morning, I would have caught a picture of the Black Saturn Ion in front of me (instead of downloading and using this crappy stock photo from the Internet).

Why was the Ion worth capturing in a Kodak moment? It was the license plates that made me /laugh: "SITH". Now I don't consider myself really "up" on Star Wars trivia; I've seen all 3 movies, and I think I've read a couple paperback novels related to the Star Wars universe. But I'd get creamed in a game of Star Wars Trivia, and probably only be able to answer a handful of Alex's questions in Star Wars Jeopardy. But I know that there were only TWO (2) Sith Lords, a Master and an Apprentice, and that if you're either one of those, it's probably not smart to go around advertising that on the vanity license plates of your Saturn Ion. It's definately one of those conditions covered under the "Don't ask, don't tell" clause.

I wish I'd had one of my kid's plastic light sabre's in the car. It would have been so funny to see the expression on the Sith Lords face when I walked up alongside his car at the traffic light, and pulled out my LIGHT SABRE!!!!

I shouldn't laugh. For all I know, I was driving behind Chad Vader:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4wGR4-SeuJ0

No comments: