Sunday, April 27, 2008

Coolest Car on the Planet

No, it's not the Delorean I dreamed of owning, but it's still pretty darn neat.

The Toyota Hybrid Prius. I get more compliments and comments about this car then any vehicle I've ever owned (even my Katana, which was my 2nd most favorite ride).

"Do you really get 60 MPG in that thing?" No, somewhere between 48 and 55 MPG.

"I heard you have to replace the batteries in those things every 4 years." I heard that, too. I'll let you know in another 2 years.

"Does that thing go faster than 55 MPH?" Yes, but I seldom drive above 65 MPH. My wife is a lead-foot, however, and has had it well over 70.

"I heard those things were bad for the environment, because of all the strip-mining they have to do for all that nickel that goes in those batteries." Really? It's a good thing I'm not an enviromentalist-whacko. I might never have bought one. Then I'd be spending a lot more money on gas tank fill-ups.

"Can you fit all the kids in there?" Yes, but we have an enviromentally unfriendly minivan, which we usually use for family stuff.

"It's not exactly a jaguar, is it? Bet you haven't gotten a hand-job in it." No comment.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: